In 1970, the first Tuffy Muffler shop opened in Detroit, Michigan. To keep up with changing times, we’ve changed and evolved too, from just a Muffler shop to an auto service center. Our service line up currently includes brakes, shocks, struts, springs, alignment, front-end, oil change, mufflers, tires, air conditioning, batteries, starting and charging, flush and fill, and C.V. joints. We take care of all your auto repair needs.
Features & Benefits of Owning a Tuffy Tire & Auto Service Center
Helping our franchisees to operate successfully and meet the challenges of today’s marketplace is the top priority for the Tuffy® Tire & Auto Service Centers. We provide our franchisees with a proven operating system, and as a result, our franchisees have played a key role in the success of Tuffy.
Our value proposition includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Over 45 Years in business
- State of the art Management, Sales & Technical Training
- Comprehensive Marketing & Advertising Programs
- National Vendor Partnerships
- National & Local Support
- Powerful Brand Proposition
- Strong Business Model
- On-going Research & Development
We are dedicated to the success of your Tuffy franchise and are committed to providing you with world-class support and service based on mutual respect and trust. When you join the Tuffy family, you’ll be part of a group of experienced professionals who have extensive marketing, development, operations, and training experience in the after-market auto industry.
The Tuffy team provides all-inclusive support and hands-on training to help our franchisees maximize our proven business model.
- Streamlined development process, easy-to-use tools and an experienced support team dedicated to Tuffy
- Site selection, evaluation and analysis by the Tuffy real estate team
- Access to, equipment suppliers and other vendors trained and experienced in Tuffy franchise development
- Marketing department – initial advertising and marketing campaigns
- During your initial training at the Tuffy Training Center, you will learn how to operate a successful and profitable Tuffy® Tire & Auto Service Center. The new dealer training program held in Toledo, Ohio is a 2 to 3-week course and is conducted as often as necessary to train the new franchisees. On-the-job training can be conducted in operating centers, including operations, and daily management.
- Comprehensive training materials: shop administration, employee recruitment, vehicle inspection, sales techniques, inventory control, fiscal management, and most importantly customer service.
- Tuffy University is our web based 24/7 training program. Included in Tuffy University is more than 210 courses designed to enhance the skills of technicians, service advisors, managers and owners. You will have the ability to track training for all employees, design a training path by job type and print certificates of completion by course completed.
Advertising & Marketing
- Innovative marketing plans, programs and promotions
- High quality merchandising, point of purchase and advertising materials
- Seasonal marketing campaigns
- Online access to local store marketing ideas and materials
- Scheduled visits from Tuffy corporate to assist in local store marketing efforts
- In house, creative agency that provides Tuffy franchisees with customizable advertising and branding materials
- Fully optimized (SEO) website
- Regular visits from Tuffy’s district managers.
- As a Tuffy Franchisee you’ll have important communication resources available to you. Access to Tuffy representatives for advice during regularly scheduled in-shop meetings and via telephone.
- A convenient toll-free technical hotline is also available for day-to-day problem solving.
- Access to in-shop and market-wide training sessions, timely product information bulletins, a bi-monthly newsletter, and the annual dealer convention.
- Business review analysis of store sales and performance vs. system-wide benchmarks.
- Access to operating system manuals.
Ideal Franchisee Candidate
To become a Tuffy Franchisee, you must have a drive to be successful, and the discipline to empower that drive. Diligence, honesty, hard work, attention to detail, sufficient capital and a commitment to excellence are also necessary. Consumer-orientation is crucial to the Tuffy operation. Customers should feel that you appreciate their business and that you are fully capable of servicing their vehicle honestly and to their complete satisfaction. Your “people skills” must be finely-honed. You’ll use them every day in managing your employees, working with suppliers and most importantly, when interacting with customers.
An Opportunity of a Lifetime
“Kim Kappes, was asked. What has being a Tuffy franchisee meant to you and your family? Kim said, It has meant everything. Tuffy helped me and my wife Shelley, who also is involved in the business, achieve financial security for ourselves and for our family. I love you guys. If you’re willing to work hard and if you enjoy the sales process, and I do, you can make a lot of money in this business. Anytime you have someone seriously interested in becoming a Tuffy franchisee, I’ll be happy to talk with them and answer any questions they may have.”