START A MR. ROOTER PLUMBING BUSINESS FRANCHISE
Looking to Startup a Plumbing Business?
The possibility of taking on business ownership is exciting. It’s a big decision, but one that can result in a lifetime of financial, professional, and personal rewards. The plumbing business is a $92 billion industry with a 5.3% annual growth rate in the last 5 years (Ibisworld.com). It’s a solid, necessity-based business (recession resistant) with a perpetual consumer demand.
When you join us as a Mr. Rooter franchisee, you’re tapping in to a wealth of resources on running your plumbing business. We are dedicated to providing you with a host of support services to help your business thrive.
- Innovative marketing materials and strategies designed to position your new business with high visibility and help you start bringing in leads.
- Software and technology that simplify the processes of organizing and performing administrative duties.
- A Sure Start training and support program to prepare and assist you through all aspects of owning a plumbing business.
- Established trademarks and branded marketing materials to kick start your business’ authority.
- A dedicated Franchise Consultant to coach you in your business.
- Updates, workshops, and networking opportunities through regional meetings and reunions hosted by corporate teams.
- Online learning tracks to help train your employees.
- A proven business model, culture, and team development programs.
When you start a business with Mr. Rooter, you’ll discover the stability of being backed by a national organization, while realizing your dreams of being an independent business owner.
Our franchisees are our top priority. We understand feeling secure in your business means being prepared, so we make sure to give you all the information, tools, and resources you need. Not only will you have a dedicated Sure Start Consultant who will guide you through the opening of your Mr. Rooter plumbing franchise, once you are set up you will have a dedicated Franchise Consultant.
Our ultimate goal is to help you succeed.
To do that, we provide you access to ongoing marketing and support in the following areas:
- Setting up office systems and day-to-day operations
- Technology training, including operation of our proprietary software systems
- Education in the Mr. Rooter plumbing business systems, culture, and team development
- Tested marketing systems, local marketing consulting and access to marketing collateral
- Finance management and investments
- Ongoing training and development
Preferred Vendor Discounts
At Mr. Rooter, as one of the Neighborly brands, we are excited to offer franchisees the opportunity for membership in our preferred vendor discount and rebate program. ProTradeNet is an asset that greatly differentiates us from our competitors. With the power of this program, we are able to offer supplies and products to our franchisees at discounted prices not available to independent business owners. In addition, we offer a rebate program, which has resulted in hundreds of thousands of annual rebates system-wide.
Regional and National Conferences
Mr. Rooter and Neighborly offer regional and national conferences to give franchisees the opportunity to gather, share and learn together. There’s nothing like talking “shop” with fellow franchisees —they just understand the business! Each year the home-office goes above and beyond to provide training that brushes up on the basics and introduces new and exciting information.
Attending conferences is a sure way to recharge your batteries, keep up with plumbing industry news, trends and current events, and have a whole lot of fun while doing it!
You invest in us. We’ll invest in you.
How much will it cost to become a Mr. Rooter franchisee?
- Franchise fee: $35,000
- Total investment range: $76,775-$180,195
The initial franchise investment is determined on a case-by-case basis. A Mr. Rooter Franchise Developer is happy to answer your questions.) Be sure to ask your Franchise Developer about financing options like 401K roll-overs, IRA, SBA loans, unsecured lines of credit and credit card financing.
Facts and Figures
- Territory size – We take into account many factors when determining your territory size, such as where your current customers are located (if you have an existing business), the number of businesses and upper income homes in the area, as well as any areas in which you would like to expand your business.
- Existing business – Your existing business counts with us. If you have an existing business in the industry, you may qualify for a roll-in discount based on the size of your existing business.
- VetFran discount – In recognition for service to our country, we offer a discount of 15% off the initial franchise fee for honorably discharged veterans who satisfy the VetFran program guidelines.
- Start-up costs — Whether you’re starting from scratch with the purchase of new equipment, vehicles, supplies, and marketing expenses, or simply rebranding your current business, we’ll help you calculate an investment based on your needs.
- Convert your existing business — We focus on helping business owners implement our tested systems and support to increase efficiency, and these systems are designed to function in any size business.
- License fees — Successful businesses are built upon effective systems covering marketing, sales, operations, technology, finance, human resources, etc. A business owner can choose to find, develop, and implement these systems on their own, or they can align with a franchise like Mr. Rooter and implement established systems. The license fees that are paid by franchisees are for the various forms of support that you receive. When you do well, we do well. This puts us on the same team, pushing in the same direction.
- Master Plumber’s License — While the licensing requirements will vary from state to state, it may be possible for an investor to open a franchise without personally holding a master plumber’s license. To find out more, take the next step and contact us to speak with your regional representative.