WACO, Texas (February 5, 2019) – Neighborly®, the world’s largest franchisor of home service brands, celebrated another milestone year in 2018.
- Company changes name from Dwyer Group to Neighborly
- Acquired by private equity firm Harvest Partners, LP
- Acquired two new brands: Real Property Management and Mosquito Joe
In June, the company announced The Riverside Company’s sale of Neighborly to new private equity partner Harvest Partners, LP. Neighborly also completed two acquisitions, Real Property Management and Mosquito Joe. This brings the total number of service brands under the Neighborly umbrella to 20.
Neighborly grew to a total of nearly 3,600 franchisees across nine countries in 2018. The company sold a total of 325 new franchise units across its brands. In addition, the company’s annual systemwide sales reached a total of $2 billion.
“This past year was a period of transformation and growth for Neighborly,” said Mike Bidwell, President and CEO of Neighborly. “We changed our company name after 37 years from Dwyer Group to Neighborly, completed three major acquisition deals, and put our company on a new growth trajectory. We are thankful for our amazing corporate team and franchisees who make it all possible. We look forward to continued growth in the years to come.”
Other highlights for the year included:
- The launch of The Neighborly Project, an initiative to honor a veteran with complimentary home repair services.
- The introduction of GetNeighborly.com version 2.0, which updated the company’s website platform that provides a one stop shop for all consumers’ home service needs.
- Inclusion in top industry rankings, such as Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500, Top Franchises for Veterans, Fastest Growing Franchises, Top Brands and Best Franchises for Any Budget; Military Times’ Best for Vets; Franchise Gator’s Top 100; Forbes America’s Best and Worst Franchises to Buy; and Franchise Business Review’s Top Franchise Opportunities.
“As we move forward, Neighborly will continue to grow and flourish in new ways we never thought possible,” Bidwell added. “I look forward to seeing how the successes of 2018 impact the future of Neighborly and its brands in this new year.”
Neighborly is a holding company of 21 service brands, focused on repairing, maintaining and enhancing consumers’ homes and businesses. The company operates online platforms that connect consumers to service providers in their local communities that meet their rigorous standards as a franchisor across 14 service categories at www.getneighborly.com in the United States and www.getneighbourly.ca in Canada. The company was founded in 1981 as Dwyer Group and is based in Waco, Texas. More information about Neighborly/Neighbourly, and its franchise concepts, is available at www.NeighborlyBrands.com.