Beauty is big business. By some estimates, Americans spend more than $40 billion a year to look good. Men as well as women pay for hair and skin care products, and spending on beauty services increased by 26.5% last year. Recent figures show that the average American spends $400 each year on beauty products, in addition to skincare, hair care, tanning, and spa services.
Franchises get their piece of this pie, with a wide range of opportunities to help Americans look their best.
- Dermatone Spa describes its business as one offering premium treatments at premium prices. Instead of competing with local salons or day spas on their own terms, Dermatone Spa franchisees have specialty products and services ranging from brides’ spa days to treatments to remove scars. $100,000 is the minimum net worth requirement for this opportunity.
- BeBalanced Weight Loss franchises speak to older women with their hormone-based, homeopathic approach to weight loss. This is a great opportunity for women with a background in sales and an interest in fitness and wellness. Franchises are available in Pennsylvania, Deleware, and New Jersey. There’s no minimum net worth requirement, but $40,000 is the minimum starting investment.
- Salons by JC is a new idea in the salon industry. Franchisees create upscale Salon Suites and lease them to beauty professionals: hair stylists, manicurists, aestheticians, and more. Instead of having to split their income with the salon owner, these professionals pay a fixed price to Salons by JC franchisees, so it’s an appealing option for them and ideal for part-time or absentee owners. “We are more in the real estate development and property management business,” the franchisor explains. “It just so happens that we lease to beauty professionals.”
- The Lash Lounge is a beauty business opportunity that focuses on one very specific aspect of beauty: eyelashes. Think of it as a salon for eyelashes. Specialization is good business, but The Lash Lounge also offers retail options, melding the marketing benefits of specialization with the advantages of multiple revenue streams. Minimum net worth for this opportunity is $400,000.
- BodyBrite franchises offer hair removal and skin rejuvenation through laser technology. With advanced technology and a simple business model, BodyBrite makes laser treatments affordable and easy to manage. Their model requires less square footage, fewer employees, and lower initial investment than previous approaches to this type of treatment. Minimum net worth is $100,000, with a total investment of $114,383 – $177,000.
- Planet Beach Spa includes a wide range of services, from relaxation, tanning, and skin therapies to teeth whitening, weight management, and hand treatment, all under one fun roof. Membership plans encourage visitors to return often, and a variety of services makes it easy to extend each customer’s value. Services are provided without attendants, which gives customers greater privacy and relaxation while reducing franchisees’ overhead costs. Opportunities are available in all states except Washington and New York.
Along with beauty franchises like these, there are also weight loss, fitness, and health businesses. The extensive variety of beauty franchises means there’s something for everyone!