It’s another hot new platform – Instagram. It’s also the fastest growing social network, according to a study by Pew Research Center.
This visually based social network is quickly catching fire. Although Facebook remains dominant, Instagram is rising in the ranks. With such a fast accent to the top, it begs the question. Should you put your franchise on Instagram?
The Benefits to Having Your Franchise on Instagram
There are many ways you can take advantage of Instagram in your franchise.
- If you’re in the food business, post pictures to tap into customer’s appetites.
- If you’re in the health business, inspire your members with motivational messages they’ll love to share.
- If you’re in the hair industry, take pictures of your best cuts and styles to create a fun, engaging portfolio.
As the age-old adage goes, a picture tells a thousand words. No matter which industry you’re in, there are images you can use to show off what your franchise offers. The more creative you get, the more excited your followers will be and the more exposure you’ll receive.
As you explore the world of Instagram in your franchise, here are a few best practices to keep you on track.
Optimize Your Bio
Linking to your website is one of the best ways to garner more attention online. It helps with your search engine optimization strategy and it gives your customers a place to visit to research what you have to offer.
Optimize your bio by guiding your Instagram followers to the areas you want them to see the most. This could be a landing page with an exclusive offer for being on Instagram. Or, you could connect your profile to your menu, showing new followers what you offer. If you’re not sure, add a link to your home page at a minimum. This will get the engagement away from social media and into your business.
Use Hashtags to Connect With Local Customers
Your franchise operates locally, which means it needs local customers to buy. Connect with your local community by exploring hashtags.
There are two ways to do this.
- Add a hashtag to each post using your location. For example, if you’re in Tucson, Arizona, add #Tucson to your posts to get people in your area to find you.
- Engage with others using local hashtags. Search for a hashtag and like or comment on people’s posts in your area. This is not an invitation to sell but rather an opportunity to connect.
Share the Local Love
As you’re posting your best pictures and connecting with local businesses, share the love by sharing other people’s posts. Like, comment and engage with other organizations in your town and they’ll be more inclined to return the favor.
Sharing posts is a different story. On Instagram, sharing isn’t as easy as it might seem. With a mobile app such as Repost you can share other business’s posts. Download this to show even more love to your local comrades.
The Answer is Yes
Franchises have tremendous potential on Instagram. It’s a great place to connect, engage and interact with people on a new level.
Is your franchise on Instagram? Tell us about your experience in the comments.