The Donut Experiment Franchise Features and Benefits
Be the first to open a create-your-own donut shop!
In 2018, 202 million Americans consumed donuts and in 2019, the donut industry is expected to reach $8 billion. Become a part of this enormous and fun industry and provide customers with a one-of-a-kind experience; watching their creative, delicious order being made before their eyes.
The Donut Experiment Business Model
Founded in 2012, The Donut Experiment is a boutique-style bakery where donuts are made right in front of the customers, or for catering events, where the customers pick what goes on their donuts. At The Donut Experiment, every donut is a creation! We start with a delicious, fresh-made cake donut and then customers pick from our huge selection of icings and toppings. Donuts can be as simple as plain or glazed or as crazy as key lime, maple bacon or Sriracha.
The Donut Experiment is the ultimate donut experience that allows customers to be creative with their donuts. The Donut Experiment provides customers with tiered donut cakes, donut platters, donut holes, coffee boxes and custom orders. We also offer catering services for birthdays, weddings, corporate events and more! Our catering packages are standardized for orders up to 100 people, but catering packages can be customized for any event.
Why The Donut Experiment Franchise?
- Exclusive territory
- Multiple revenue streams with a strong catering model
- Semi-absentee business model allows franchise owner to maintain full-time employment
- A CEO role – owners will manage the managers and the financials
- Excellent income possible via FDD Item 19
- Multiple shop licenses are available
- No experience necessary
- Few employees needed
- Fun, simple to manage restaurant
- Unique custom-made donuts are always fresh and there are thousands of possible combinations
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will you help me find a site?
Yes, we have a full real-estate system to help you find sites and open your shops.
2. What type of training will I receive?
As a franchisee, you will receive several weeks of training and opening assistance.
3. How long does it take to open a TDE Franchise?
It takes approximately eight months to a year to open a TDE location.
4. What professional qualifications are required to become a TDE franchisee?
We do not have specific “qualifications” for franchisees. Every candidate is evaluated on a case-by-case basis and we are very open to talking with people from all walks of life. Just about anyone can be trained to own/operate a TDE location and no restaurant experience is necessary.
5. What is the ideal size of a TDE store?
The Donut Experiment wants to make sure every franchise owner is set up for success. Several programs are in place to train and assist you with the development and growth of your new retail donut shop.
- Real Estate Program – The Donut Experiment & Rhino 7 have created a complete real estate program. This program will help guide Franchisees, starting with site selection and continuing through build-out. The Donut Experiment Real Estate Program will help Franchisees navigate the site selection/build-out process with letter of intent, negotiating a lease, architecture, obtaining permits, selecting a general contractor, the construction management process, and FF&E (furniture, fixtures, and equipment).
- Results-focused Marketing Program – The Donut Experiment implements multiple marketing strategies that help to drive customers to your business. We use grassroots marketing, social media, neighborhood marketing promotions, retention campaigns and a structured loyalty program.
- Technology Programs – We have advanced yet easy to use systems to help effectively run the business. Our Point-of Sale system is a multi-faceted tool that Franchisees can access from anywhere with an Internet connection. It can pinpoint customer habits, track analytics, run reports, manage employees and so much more.