Sharkey’s Cuts For Kids Franchise
“Passive ownership is what Sharkey’s is all about”, says CEO Scott Sharkey. “ We have been able to combine a passive ownership franchise with a model that is 100% recession proof for today and years to come. Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids is not one of those trendy franchises where maybe you make back your ROI within 3-5 years before your concept gets replaced by something bigger, better, or more trendy. Our franchise offers people the opportunity to invest in a brand that has longevity, is fun to run, is recession proof and has very little competition. Kids always need haircuts and you cannot get that on Amazon.
Our goal is to give people a passive ownership opportunity at a very nominal cost. Its longevity is an investment, giving owners the option to pass their business down to future generations”.
Sharkey’s really sets itself apart from the competitors with our well planned design and unequaled entertainment factor. We don’t just cater to the youngest of children or one gender – we have positioned ourselves in the market for kids of all ages (0-14), and adults as well! Once children come to the salon they want to come again and again for the overall experience. We have extremely high brand loyalty among our young customers and their parents.
Candidate Key Points
- Turn-key package at $119,995. Discount for multiple units with granted exclusive territories.
- Passive ownership is preferred.
- Low cost total investment of approximately $144,920 – $184,495.
- 100% recession resistant.
- Best designed kid’s salon franchise for attracting kids above the ages of 6. If your salon is too “baby-ish” or “cartoony it will not attract the older kids. You cannot sustain a profitable business in this industry if you only focus on and attract kids between the ages of 0-6. Sharkey’s is the best at attracting all age kids because our salon is designed appeal to little ones and bigger kids as well. We have something for everyone and that makes us a one-stop shop for busy parents. Sharkey’s is the ONLY kids salon designed with the older kids in mind. Why would you invest in a children’s hair salon franchise that only attracts a small segment of the market when you can invest in Sharkey’s and ensure a larger base from which to pull your business.
- Multiple revenue streams and state of the art salon software. Tops in industry. Franchisees can log into their salon desktop from the kitchen table or a laptop anywhere and see everything in real time. Sharkey’s software allows customers to book appointments with their favorite stylist online. Approximately 70% of all appointments are being booked online at Sharkey’s corporate salon.
- The Franchisor will visit you personally and choose the perfect location for your Sharkey’s salon.
*One of only a few franchise concepts or brands in the entire industry that you can actually say will not be obsolete in 2-5 years. Kids always need haircuts and Amazon will not offer that!
Training & Support
- Training is included in Sharkey’s turnkey franchise package and takes place in Westport, CT. You will be picked up at the airport and brought to your hotel which is directly across from Sharkey’s corporate headquarters. Over the course of 3 days you will spend time with our training staff, as well as multiple hours of one-on-one time with the Franchisor, Scott Sharkey.
- A Sharkey’s representative will be present for your Grand Opening and will assist you in training your stylists and receptionists prior to opening.
- Sharkey’s software company will give you many hours of one-on-one training so you are ready for your Grand Opening. Sharkey’s software company is also available 24/7 for any questions or support issues.
- Looking for passive owners who would like to stay in their current job and open multiple locations. No hair experience necessary.
- Interested in running the business from a remote location or from home.
- Fairly good social media skills, but not required, as this can be outsourced.
- Sharkey’s validates incredibly well, without an item 19.
- Sharkey’s is available for a one-on-one call with the Franchisor, Scott Sharkey, once you are ready to take the next steps. Evenings are available as well.
- Average validation process time: 5-10 days.
- Average time frame from initial call to signing of franchise agreement: 26 days.
“We wanted to express our gratitude for making our entry into the franchise arena such an exceptional experience. We could not be more pleased with our first of many Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids! The concept has performed above our expectations so far and we are getting incredible feedback from our clients detailing how enthused they are to have this great place to enjoy with their family….You don’t see many franchisors go to all the trouble to make the experience of opening your first location such a pleasant and joyful time. Your personal involvement and support made our store opening the most fun we have had in years. It’s amazing to see a company that cares so much about their individual franchisees. We feel like we are part of a great family with help just a call away anytime we need it.”
“We first thought about the business in May, and 6 months later the business is up and running. Our personal estimates and discussions with other franchisees made us prepare for a break even in 6 months. Surprisingly, when we added a little bit of our own research, input and local area details, I am happy to say that we will break even in the second month, if not in the very first month!”
“Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids walked us through every step of the way. We got very excited to see things coming together and still never expected that things would be as nice as they are. Sharkey’s Cuts for Kids put time, effort, and thought into everything for our salon. It’s especially nice that we were also asked for our input on everything as well…We are having a lot of fun and can see that all the work and effort and ideas are really going to pay off.”